ROFL:ROFL:LOL:ROFL:ROFL
______^_____

 LOL===/          []\       
  \             \ 
  \_____________]
   I       I 
    -------------/ 
ROFLCOPTER!!!1

Sunday, July 25, 2004

Denison Pool

Denison Pool, that's the name of the swimming pool where I lifeguard and the ROFLCOPTER flew in for some fun in the sun.  This is my fifth summer guarding there.  I started after my sophomore year of high school.  The staff this year is great, probably the best I've seen since I've started working there.  I don't mean to say I didn't enjoy working with previous staffs, but this one seems to mold well.  We're a cohesive unit and everyone seems to get along well enough, except for your occasional bickering.   Honestly, I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying working at Denison.  We are all pretty silly people and it's nice working with extremely tired and bored people because suddenly my entertainment and jokes are good.  I'm not the only source of entertainment though, we do a good job of entertaining eachother, that's probably why I'm so happy with everyone.  We also do fun stuff as a group such as play in the water on rainy days, or play sardines (kind of like hide and seek), or recently play volley ball. 

One of the guards brought up a volley ball and we made a make shift court half in and half out of the wading pool, using the fence as a net and the cracks in the side walk as boundaries.  We had a single elimination tournament today with pairs playing.  We had a few teams, and even a couple line judges.  I was even the score keeper and announcer (I used a mega phone for added affect).  I think the court was a good representation of Denison pool, it looked like crap and very little time and money went into, however, we still managed to have a great time playing on it regardless of how much it wasn't a real volley ball court.  We may be cheap, but by God, we're still better than Cumberland!  ROFLCOPTER, back to the Helipad.

PS - It also helps working with people who don't come in everyday with hangovers.


1 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, July 25, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record, the ROFLCOPTER used the word "work" or a modification of it five times in that post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home