ROFL:ROFL:LOL:ROFL:ROFL
______^_____

 LOL===/          []\       
  \             \ 
  \_____________]
   I       I 
    -------------/ 
ROFLCOPTER!!!1

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Princess Mononoke, or Wolf Girl Meets Iron City

PrincessI just watched the movie, Princess Mononoke, directed by Hayao Miyazaki. I don't normally watch anime, but it was on TCM, and anything on TCM has to be legit. Here's the synopsis.

Set in feudal Japan -- a time of upheaval of samurai warriors and isolated villages -- comes this story of gun-wielding, young princess who is sent to an ancient, forested land to defend the forest from human encroachment which threatens to unbalance the forces of nature.

I only saw the second half. I wish I saw the whole thing. Anyway, I just thought I would share. ROFLCOPTR, If it's 4:50am, is it late or early?

PS - Billy Bob Thornton, Minnie Driver, and Claire Danes were voice actors in this film. I'm guessing they did dubbing? The movie I saw had subtitles. Maybe they can speak Japanese.

2 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, May 13, 2006, Blogger Scott D said...

You must have seen the original Japanese version. It was ported over and made into an "American" version where the actors you mentioned did dubbing, so that the entire movie was "in English."

It is a movie worth watching all the way through.

 
At 7:04 PM, May 13, 2006, Blogger the ROFLMAN said...

I knew if I posted about it, someone would have seen it. Thanks Scoot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home