ROFL:ROFL:LOL:ROFL:ROFL
______^_____

 LOL===/          []\       
  \             \ 
  \_____________]
   I       I 
    -------------/ 
ROFLCOPTER!!!1

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Film Appreciation, the 4 Day College Course

It's over. The ROFLCOPTER has passed over the class Film Appreciation for the last time. That was a class I took at the Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C) this summer about the Film Industry in America. It was the best class (and by best I mean easiest class) I've probably ever taken. Here's why. This was a tele-course, which means I don't have to go to go any classes, I tape a 50 minute program every week and watch it at my leisure. There were ten programs, over ten weeks, and a small text book and study guide to learn the material from. The grade came only from taking two multiple choice tests, a midterm and a final.

I took the midterm Monday and the final Wednesday. Technically, if I were on the proper track and paced myself, I should have taken the midterm 5 weeks ago. But that's the beauty of these pace yourself courses, you can do the work whenever you want. To take the tests all I had to do was go into a testing center, so it was very convenient for me. You may be asking yourself how I learned all of that material by the final in a period of two days. Here's how. The prof. gave us a packet of study materials laid out in small blocks of information of things we should know. In fact, they were things we should know because they were the answers to the test. I had a suspicion of this and I made sure I knew everything in that packet plus other material just to cover myself. I went in to take the midterm and my suspicions were confirmed, it was the test. And not only was it the test, but the answers were in the same order and the choices in each question were in the same order. I was so thrilled. I spent about ten minutes on that test I had an hour to take. I felt like I was cheating somehow.

Have you ever seen the episode of Boy meets world where Cory and Shawn find out about a "pop" quiz and go home and study for it that night? The next day they take it and feel bad because they felt like they had an unfair advantage and turn themselves in. It turns out the teacher (may have been Mr. Feeny) told the class that there was a quiz coming up and of course, Cory and Shawn don't listen. They were had.

I feel kind of like that, maybe because I don't normally study for tests. I have an unfair advantage for knowing the material. I can tell you this, I changed my study technique for the final. I knew what I had to concentrate my attention on. It's nice taking a class for a community college, although it was very interesting and I enjoyed learning the material. They lower the bar so low, I can just skip over it. ROFLCOPTER, take me to my college credit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home