ROFL:ROFL:LOL:ROFL:ROFL
______^_____

 LOL===/          []\       
  \             \ 
  \_____________]
   I       I 
    -------------/ 
ROFLCOPTER!!!1

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Bitches, I went BOWLING

Strike BitchesTonight and last night I went bowling. I'm sure everyone assumes this is common for me because I'm from Ohio, but that's not true. Statements like that lead to stereotypes and stereotypes leads to racism. We all know what that leads to...actually I'm not sure, but possible answers are, hatred, funny jokes, another beer, etc.

Anyway, back to bowling. Yesterday, my friend Sean and I went to open bowling and payed a flat rate for 2.5 hours of bowling. Since it was just two of us, we made pretty good use of our time and played 7 games. That's right, 7 games. I think my best games were 123, 144, and 153, maybe. I did fairly well, and Sean did a lot better than he usually does. I think some of my lucky Irishness may have rubbed off on him. We had a lot of fun and definitely got our money's worth. We decided if we were Jewish, we would have needed to bring an extra pair of pants or two with us.

Tonight, we wanted to go do something again and this time we found three more of our friends. I just saw Robots with my parents this afternoon, and I didn't particularly want to go just sit down and watch another movie. So, we went bowling. Sean and I though of asking the manager if they had our lane ready for us when we got there. We ultimately decided against it. We only played two games tonight, but I still kicked butt. I also bought myself a Molson, so that was nice. The first game I was practicing what my dad showed me to make the ball spin and hook into the pins. I only scored 83 that game. By the third frame of the second game, I finally figured it out by turning my wrist slightly. I scored 163 that game. It was great, I had 4 strikes and I think 4 spares.

Bowling is complicated, there's so much to think about while getting rid of the ball. Maybe that's why I like it. I'm thinking of playing it more often when I get back to school. I'll go to Forward Lanes at the bottom of Murray in Squirrel Hill. Anybody want to tag along? Bowling and Beer, now there's my happy hour.

PS - If I stay in Cleveland, Sean and I decided that Thursday will be bowling night and Sunday will be our day for golf. I swear, I can't wait to retire. I'll be so good at it.

1 Comments:

At 2:23 AM, March 13, 2005, Blogger Catherine said...

can i go bowling with you? i suck so i'll make everyone else look good. and it will still be loads of fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home