ROFL:ROFL:LOL:ROFL:ROFL
______^_____

 LOL===/          []\       
  \             \ 
  \_____________]
   I       I 
    -------------/ 
ROFLCOPTER!!!1

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Lockheed Martin Ain't Whistling Dixie

From Market Place....


Here's a workplace riddle for you: Say you work for a defense company that has a Coast Guard contract. You discover serious safety flaws with your product. You bring it up to the company and the Coast Guard, but they do nothing. Years pass. You go to Congress and the government. And they do nothing. So now, where do you turn? How about a Web site where people share their homemade videos? As Jeff Tyler reports, that's what one guy did.


This is why ATK stresses Safety, Quality, Schedule, Cost, in that order. They also stress the seriousness of business ethics and their ability to investigate everything fully and try to avoid anything as dramatic as this. What's scary is that ATK does a lot of business with Lockheed Martin. I don't believe this has been addressed at work, I'll ask around though. Very interesting, and very close to home.

2 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, August 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit, and I own stock in LMT.

PS I'll call you this weekend.

 
At 12:14 AM, January 06, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked for a defense contractor prime over Lockheed, who protested the award and I got shitkicked by government people. I've been blackballed but have degrees in MIS, Industrial Engineering and law. Are you in a position to get me work in the Philadelphia metro area?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home