ROFL:ROFL:LOL:ROFL:ROFL
______^_____

 LOL===/          []\       
  \             \ 
  \_____________]
   I       I 
    -------------/ 
ROFLCOPTER!!!1

Sunday, August 08, 2004

My Sub-Conscious is Racist

Get Down!The ROFLCOPTER says my Sub-Conscious is racist, but I hope it's not. I say or do things with out thinking about it and when I listen to myself, I say, "Hey, that was racist." I feel like I'm accusing myself like I would accuse someone else, it's weird. I'll give you an example. Today at work, I'm on chair, lifeguarding. In front of me is the pool (for obvious reasons) and then after that is the fence that goes around the perimeter of the pool and beyond that is a picnic pavilion. There was a group of African-Americans having a picnic there and the kids are acting crazy. I'm watching them run all over the place. There's these two kids who start climbing on the fence (it's about 10 feet tall with barbed wire on top) and the get half way up. I'm looking at them, thinking what the hell do you think you're doing? I pick up my megaphone and tell them to get down (in an Arnold Schwarzenegger voice, but that's not important). Then I say, not too loudly, pretending to yell, "Don't make me get the hose!"

That's when I think, holy shit, that was racist. What I was picturing in my mind was the garden hose that we keep next to the pool (or use to) to prime the water slide to get it started. I figure, turn that on and spray them so the get wet and climb off of the fence. However, after the whole Civil Rights movement, one might take what I said a different way. They didn't hear me, but it's things like that, that convince the ROFLCOPTER that my sub-conscious is racist. Maybe it's similar to Mr. Hat being racist (Although there, it's Mr. Garrison being racist through Mr. Hat...but it's different for me). "Aw! You're such a racist bastard, Mr. Hat!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home